Within the Chobe National Park lies the fascinating game rich Savuti area. Ghoha Hills Savuti Lodge is ideally positioned on the edges of the Ghoha Hills overlooking the Savuti Plains. Designed and built to blend into the natural surrounding environment and the elevated position assures spectacular unparalleled 180 degree views.
11 Luxurious tents with high quality beds & linen ensures ultimate comfort. The understated elegance of the décor, the views and the attention to your comfort is a perfect mix to make your safari extra special. The thatched main area has an open dining area, bar and various small lounges overlooking an active waterhole. We have a refreshing pool, gym and a spa to take care of the mind, body & soul.
We focus on excellent service and pampering the soul while you are on Safari. We are a small intimate lodge with only 11 rooms
Tented Rooms: 11 Luxury Tented Rooms – 26 Pax Capacity
9 Twin / Super King Luxury Tented Rooms – Super King/2 x ¾ bed – sleeps 2 per room
2 Family Luxury Tented Rooms – Main with bathroom on suite and interleading room. Main Room has King Bed and second tent 2 single beds – sleeps 4
Each Room has:
- Private viewing deck overlooking an active waterhole and unparalleled 180 degree views of the Savuti Plains
- En-suite bathrooms with double vanity, separate toilet and separate shower
- Superbly appointed furniture and fittings complemented with lime-washed wooden floors.
- Luxury eco-friendly guest amenities including insect repellent, shampoo and conditioner
- High quality Linen and Towels to ensure your every comfort
- Gowns and slippers for your use
- Mosquito net
- Comfortable armchairs to enjoy the views or catch up on some reading
- Cupboard with hanging space
- Luggage rack
- Roof fan & standing fan
- Power point for charging photographic equipment and cell phones.
- Personal safe with personalised digital settings
- Flashlight for your use in the room
- Air horn for in case of an emergency
Rooms: 9 Luxurious Double/Twin Tented Rooms – Super King Bed / 2 x ¾ Beds
2 Luxurious Family Tented Rooms – Main bedroom with Bathroom en-suite and interleading room with 2 x Single Beds
Pilot / Guide: 1 x Pilot/Guide Room (not same standard as guest rooms).
Lounge Area: Thatched main area with viewing decks with seating area overlooking an active waterhole and unparalleled 180 degree views
Dining: Various indoor and outdoor dining
Spa: Various Massage Treatments are available in a room with sweeping views.
Gym: Multi Station Gym Machine & Stationary bike & Dumbbell Set &Yoga Mats
Boma: Campfire area under the stars
Swimming Pool: Rock pool with separate deck with easy access from the main area and great views of the active waterhole below and the Savuti Plains
Curio Shop: Accepts cash and credit card payments.
Laundry: Daily, inclusive laundry service available.
Electricity: Solar farm supplying renewable energy
Library: Books on animals, flora and fauna are available to read at leisure
Wifi: Available at Pool and Main area
Telephone: No telephone communication available. The lodge has a satellite phone and radio for emergencies.
Children: From 5 years and older. See child policy for more information
Game Drives: Shared game drives – vehicles seat 6 guests – private game vehicles available at an extra cost
- Morning & Afternoon game drives in open 4 x 4 safari vehicle on private roads and waterholes.
- Day excursions to the Savuti Marsh visiting the Baobab Theatre, Bushman Rock Paintings & Pimple Hills, including a picnic lunch (min 2 night stay)
- Sundowner drives
- Private Dinners
- Spa – Relax, Recharge, Heal
Ghoha Hills has Eco Tourism certification for their low impact on the environment and the latest solar & waste disposal systems in place.
View our Gallery
General Travel Info:
Malaria is prevalent during the mid to late rainy season (January to May) but one should always take precautionary measures. Consult your local GP for preventative malaria prophylaxis. Use insect repellents, sleep under mosquito nets and during the day wear light long sleeved clothing.
- The Chobe region has two very distinct seasons and experiences hot, wet summer and cool, dry winters.
What to Pack
- Summer months are hot and humid. Cool cotton clothing advised
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat, sunglasses and sunblock
- Cameras and extra SD Cards and binoculars
- Light, neutral coloured clothing
- Bathing suit
- Warm jackets essential in winter (May – Oct)
- Beanie and gloves – the mornings are cold during winter
Ghoha Hills Savuti Lodge is ideally positioned on the edges of the Ghoha Hills in Savuti within the Chobe National Park approximately 150km south west of Kasane and 230km north east of Maun.
How to get there:
4 x 4 vehicle:
Road transfer is approximately 3 hours taking you through parts of Chobe, some local villages and different 4 x 4 terrains. Transfers can be pre-booked at time of reservation from Kasane Airport. (Minimum 2 people)
Kasane Airport with small aircraft – 35 minutes in air plus 40 minutes road transfer
Maun Airport with small aircraft – 50 minutes in air plus 40 minutes road transfer
(Minimum 2 people) – Luggage Restrictions
Kasane Airport to Ghoha hills – 48 Minutes
Ghoha Hills to Nogatsaa pans – 30 Minutes
(Minimum 2 people) – Luggage Restrictions
Luggage restrictions: Personal baggage shall be limited to a maximum of 20kg per person (small soft duffel bags including hand luggage
GPS Co-ordinates: S 18°26’11.11” E 24°13’33.28”