Nogatsaa Pans Chobe Lodge is in the heart of Chobe National Park with some of the best game viewing right on the doorstep. The area remains remote and untouched ensuring an authentic Botswana experience in an area dotted with hides overlooking open grasslands, clay bottom pans and waterholes. Strategically placed for sweeping views of the Kwikamba Pan – the biggest of many clay bottom pans dotting the area – Nogatsaa Pans Chobe lodge offers guests a true in-the bush safari experience reminiscent of yesteryear.
The thatched main area boasts open dining area, bar and various seating areas. The raised viewing deck showcases Botswana night sky with great stargazing opportunity.
12 Classically elegant tents on raised platforms with sweeping views of Kwikamba Pan, en-suite bathrooms, adventurous outdoor showers, lavish eco-friendly guest amenities and white percale cotton linen ensure an exquisite sense of luxury.
Game drives take place on a network of roads that includes the Ngwezumba river bed and meander through teak forests, a section of land that is rich with bird life.
Nogatsaa Pans has Eco Tourism certification for their low impact on the environment and the latest solar & waste disposal systems in place.
We focus on excellent service and pampering the soul with relaxation while you are on Safari. We are a small intimate lodge with only 12 rooms
Tented Rooms: 12 Luxury Tented Rooms – 28 Pax Capacity
10 Twin / Super King Luxury Tented Rooms – Super King/2 x ¾ bed – sleeps 2 per room
2 Family Luxury Tented Rooms – Main with bathroom on suite and interleading room. Main Room has King Bed and 2nd tent 2 single beds – sleeps 4
Each Room has:
- Private viewing deck overlooking the Kwikamba Pan
- En-suite bathrooms with double vanity, separate toilet and separate shower and an adventurous outdoor shower
- Superbly appointed furniture and fittings complemented with lime-washed wooden floors.
- Luxury eco-friendly guest amenities including insect repellent, shampoo and conditioner
- High quality Linen and Towels to ensure your every comfort
- Gowns and slippers for your use
- Mosquito nets
- Comfortable armchairs to enjoy the views or catch up on some reading.
- Cupboard with hanging space
- Luggage rack
- Roof fan & standing fan
- Power point for charging photographic equipment and cell phones.
- Personal safe with personalised digital settings
- Flashlight for your use in the room
- Air horn for in case of an emergency
Rooms: 10 Luxurious Double/Twin Tented Rooms – Super King Bed / 2 x ¾ Beds
2 Luxurious Family Tented Rooms – Main bedroom with Bathroom en-suite and interleading room with 2 x Single Beds
Pilot / Guide: 1 x Pilot/Guide Room (not same standard as guest rooms).
Lounge Area: Thatched main area with viewing decks with seating area overlooking Kwikamba Pan
Dining: Various indoor and outdoor dining
Spa: Various Massage Treatments are available in room
Boma: Campfire area under the stars
Curio Shop: Accepts cash and credit card payments.
Laundry: Daily, inclusive laundry service available.
Electricity: Solar farm supplying renewable energy
Library: Books on animals, flora and fauna are available to read at leisure
Wifi: Available at Main Area and rooms
Telephone: No telephone communication available. The lodge has a satellite phone and radio for emergencies.
Children: All ages. See child policy for more information
Game Drives: Shared game drives – vehicles seat 6 guests – private game vehicles available at an extra cost
- Morning & Afternoon game drives in open 4 x 4 safari vehicle on a network of roads that includes the Ngwezumba river bed and meander through teak forests, a section of land that is rich with bird life.
- Sundowner drives
- Private Dinners
- Spa – Experience the secrets of relaxation
View our Gallery
General Travel Info:
Malaria is prevalent during the mid to late rainy season (January to May) but one should always take precautionary measures. Consult your local GP for preventative malaria prophylaxis. Use insect repellents, sleep under mosquito nets and during the day wear light long sleeved clothing.
- The Chobe region has two very distinct seasons and experiences hot, wet summer and cool, dry winters.
- The rainfall period occurs November to April and daytime temperatures during this period average at 35 degrees Celsius.
- During May to September the days are moderate, but the mornings and evenings are cold. Humidity in the Chobe area is low.
What to Pack
- Summer months are hot and humid. Cool cotton clothing advised
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat, sunglasses and sunblock
- Cameras and extra SD Cards and binoculars
- Light, neutral coloured clothing
- Bathing suit
- Warm jackets essential in winter (May – Oct)
- Beanie and gloves – the mornings are cold during winter
Nogatsaa Pans Lodge, Chobe is built on the edge of Kwikamba Pan in Nogatsaa area of Chobe National Park in the eastern part the park approximately 80 km from Kasane
How to get there:
4 x 4 vehicle:
Road transfer is approximately 2 hours taking you through parts of Chobe, some local villages and different 4 x 4 terrains. Transfers can be pre-booked at time of reservation from Kasane Airport. (Minimum 2 people)
Small Aircraft Flights:
Our airstrip is a quick 8 minute drive from the Lodge where Mack Air now connects this amazing corner of the Chobe National Park, into a circuit for unrivalled game viewing in a very remote part of Botswana’s 2nd largest reserve.
15 minutes from Kasane and 50 mins from Maun
Ghoha Hills & Nogatsaa Pans with only a 20 minute intercamp flight.
Kasane Airport to Nogatsaa Pans – 24 Minutes
Nogatsaa Pans to Ghoha Hills – 30 Minutes
(Minimum 2 people) – Luggage Restrictions
Luggage restrictions: Personal baggage shall be limited to a maximum of 20kg per person (small soft duffel bags including hand luggage
GPS Co-ordinates: S 18°19’19.45” E 24°53’12.44”